Improving Forklift Safety in Warehouses
Warehouses are crowded, fast-moving environments, where very limited traffic rules exist. Needless to say, extra attention from forklift drivers and pedestrians is required in order to maintain high warehouse safety levels. In areas with poor visibility, SpotMe alerts truck drivers and pedestrians to the potential dangers of collisions, protecting the workers, the forklifts and the goods.
Its infra-red (IR) direction sensitive sensors detect the movement or the presence of forklifts and pedestrians at the crossroads in due time. Whenever a collision danger is spotted, a SpotMe warning unit is activated, which helps the driver to avoid accidents.
What makes SpotMe unique and efficient?
- Warehouse health and safety is improved for workers.
- The alternating flashing lights (LEDs) used by SpotMe are far more efficient in preventing accidents than flashing beacons or other types of warning lights.
- Goods and trucks are better preserved and energy consumption is reduced.
- Less panic brakes – and therefore an improved driving behavior – help to reduce the risk of dropping goods and keep your forklift in better shape, while also saving energy.
- The system is flexible, scalable and fits into most applications.
- SpotMe can be used at crossings, blind corners, doors and exits, etc.
- The warning unit can be connected to a standalone battery or plugged into the mains.
- The system is easy to install and requires little maintenance.
- Either you install it yourself, or our technicians can install it for you!
- The devices are simply fixed to the walls, with no set-up on the fleet required.
- The sensor battery lasts up to 3 years.
| Click play to see the installation video of SpotMe